Critical Times News : Boko Haram Attack: Death toll of Nigerian soldiers rises to 46 as 17 more bodies recovered

Published by / 2 Sep 2018 / No comments / ,

Boko Haram Attack: Death toll of Nigerian soldiers rises to 46 as 17 more bodies recovered


Seventeen additional bodies of gallant Nigerian soldiers who lost their lives while preventing Boko Haram thugs from overrunning their base on Thursday evening have been recovered by a search and rescue team overseeing the aftermath of the attack, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.

The remains of one officer and 16 soldiers were recovered this weekend in the general area of Mobbar Local Government Area, Borno State, multiple military sources told PREMIUM TIMES. The soldiers were attacked at their base in Zari Village, north of Maiduguri and near the border with the Republic of Niger.

Troops from 145 Battalion who are leading the search and rescue efforts have transferred the bodies to Maiduguri, Borno State capital and heart of the Boko Haram’s campaign of terror, sources said.

Search and rescue operations have intensified for the remaining soldiers who are still missing in action as of Saturday night.

At least two officers and 46 soldiers have now been confirmed killed in the attack with the latest recoveries, which came a day after PREMIUM TIMES reported that 31 soldiers had been confirmed killed and 19 wounded in the attack.

The attack is the deadliest against a unit since Boko Haram resumed its attacks against military formations in July.

Share This Post :
Tags : ,
Related Posts

raintemplates-t7

[4][Critical][raintemplates-t7][Critical]

raintemplates-t7

[4][Security][raintemplates-t7][Security]

raintemplates-t7

[4][Education][raintemplates-t7][Education]